Sunday, June 12, 2011

1 Week Appt for Michael


Friday May 6th Joe and I took Michael in for his 1 week checkup and circumcision. Since we did not use a hospital for his birth there was no option for his circumcision. In the hospital it’s a wham bam thank you ma’am kind of thing… not the case for us. It was such a horrible experience for me let alone Michael.

So lets start it off with the basics. Michael weighed 8lbs 7oz at this visit. He checked out beautifully. I was glad to tell the doctor that the breastfeeding was going wonderfully!

Dr. Cantave wheeled in the tray of Circ. Supplies and I was getting a little anxious. I was holding Michael and did not want to give him up. That’s when I noticed the contraption sitting on the exam table. My little baby was going to be strapped down. I figured he would have to be restrained somehow but I sure didn’t need to see it. After that I just about broke down… Joe had to take Michael from my arms to hand him over. We left the room I cried for like the next 5 min. I had to step outside the office. Once it was over they let me back and Michael was not happy. I breastfed him and he calmed down a little but I was a mess. He was so mad at me. All I kept telling Mikey was that is was daddy’s fault! It made me feel better and Joe didn’t care :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment