Saturday, June 25, 2011

First Road Trip to Raleigh

On Sunday May 22nd Michael and I packed up and started our trip up to Raleigh. This was his first long car drive and we all were anxious to see how he was going to do. I fed him 3.5oz of breast milk from a bottle hoping to knock him out for  couple hours of our drive. I was sad to leave Joe, I could tell he was sad to see us go too but he would never admit it! But I could see it in his eyes.

Michael slept for about 3 hours! Wonderful! He started to crank up so we stopped for dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. While we ate I fed Michael to put him back to sleep. After he finished eating mom and I took him into the bathroom to change him. While I was going to the bathroom she watched him. I guess his diaper was super full because he started to leak all down mom! Hehe… oops! So I went out to our table to inform dad that mom needed a new shirt and I grabbed another outfit for Michael.

We got back in the car hoping to make it to Raleigh without another stop. About 30 min from home he started crying again. Poor baby! Mom kept leaning back to give him his pacifier and we held him off until we got to the house. The trip wasn’t all that bad! He did pretty good, but I think he started to lose patience towards the end. I don’t blame him of course, the end of a car trip is always the hardest!






No comments:

Post a Comment