Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lactation Consultant

On the morning of May 2nd… Mom, Joe, Michael and I headed to Savannah for our Lactation Consultation. I couldn’t help but wonder what they are going to tell/teach me that I didn’t already know. All I knew was Michael and I were not doing the breastfeeding thing very well so we could use some help! The appointment was at the Hospital in a little boutique. It was pretty cute actually. We met with Kate. She was from Scotland and had a pretty fun accent. Anyway, she got me all situated in the chair, put a pillow on my lap and situated Mikey. She literally took a hold of his head in one hand and my boob in the other and mashed them together. I learned that all I was doing wrong was I wasn’t being forceful! Haha… I needed to manhandle my kid; that was the trick. Michael latched right on and not only did he fill his belly, he got himself a milk bath too!

No comments:

Post a Comment