Friday, June 3, 2011

Home from the Birth Center

About 9 hours after Michael was born we were headed home; April 28th 2011. It was surprisingly easy to go home so early. I was a little nervous about this since the status quo at the hospital was a couple days of recovery before you are released. But they pumped me full of the information I needed to take care of myself and Mikey and we were sent home.

Mikey was dressed in his ‘Going Home’ outfit. Of course I decked him out in Ohio State gear. He was quite handsome as my little Buckeye!




When we got back to the house we were greeted by my parents and Ashley. I think they got less sleep than us! After they left the Birth Center they went to Ihop for a late dinner (or early breakfast however you look at it). By the time they got home and fell asleep it was 5 am I believe.

Joe’s parents left New Jersey the 27th around 11pm and drove straight through the night. They arrived at our house at around 1 in the afternoon just in time for lunch! They were so excited to meet their grandson… he was only 12 hours old at that point! It was love at first sight… are you surprised?





Caitlyn and Tracey were coming from Miami. They got here to Beaufort around 7 that evening. Caitlyn was all smiles. Proud Aunt she was… Michael brought tears to her eyes!





It was nice to have all the family in to visit with us and Michael. The best part… we got to spend this time with our family at our house instead of a hospital room!



No comments:

Post a Comment