Saturday, June 25, 2011

Brittany Meets Michael

Brittany was not able to come down to Beaufort for Michael’s birth because she was in a show at school. I know she wishes she could have been there! She did get to watch the birth (most of it at least ~ Ash was holding up her iPad and skyping with Britt while I was pushing. She watched intently so I hear and apparently just before I pushed him out the connection was lost. Ash got some good photos so I showed Britt so she could fill in the blanks!).

Anyhoo, once she finished school she couldn’t get into the car fast enough to get down here. She got here on Monday May 16th and the second she got through the door she went straight for Michael; then I got a hug! No hurt feelings of course, he is so much cuter than me so I would want a hug and kiss from him first too!











Britt planned to stay for a week. She was so great with him! I think kids weird her out just a bit; fear of them not liking her. Not the case with Michael. He fell in love! Anytime he was fussing with Joe or I, she would take him and instantly he was calm. Pretty amazing! He fell asleep on her the first night, I think she enjoyed that moment a lot! There would be times I would come out of the shower and I would find them cuddling on the guest room bed! Many times I would hear her singing songs to him. It would either put him to sleep or he would lift his head and look at her. I think I even saw/heard her reading him a book or two.

It doesn’t mater who you are or how much Michel likes or dislikes you, warning you probably will get peed or pooped on. We were sitting on the couch, Britt holding Mike and she looks down and sees bright yellow poop on her pants! Too funny! One night Britt offered to take ‘night duty’. So we put the bassinet in her room and she planned to get up with him throughout the night so Joe and I could get some sleep. It was so wonderful to have this! I woke up the next morning to learn that Michael pooped all over himself and the sheets in the bassinet. Britt just got up, changed him, cleaned the bassinet and put on new sheets. Love her!

I had a great week with Britt. We gave Michael his first bathtub bath! I was anticipating a scream fest but he LOVED it! He was just so happy to be laying in the water, very calm. If he understood what a smile was for I am sure he would have smiled throughout the whole thing! I think Britt enjoyed participating in this ‘first’ with us. You can see the video here


I set up a family shoot and I gave Britt a quick lesson in my camera. I think she did a pretty good job for a newbie!








No comments:

Post a Comment