Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saying goodbye to Family…

On Sunday morning, May 1st, we all made our way to the Ihop in Bluffton. We met up with Caitlyn and Tracey for breakfast before they hit the road home to Miami. It was Michael’s first trip out to a restaurant and of course we go to Ihop! He did great. He slept the whole time while we ate. It was sad to see his Aunt and Uncle leave so soon but we will see them soon I am sure!

We all went back to the house to visit after breakfast. Dad and Russ did a few more things around the house for us (what huge helps they were!!). It was about 3 or 4 that afternoon when Dad and Joe’s Parents left. I was very sad to see everyone go. A far cry from what I thought I would feel. I had so much anxiety about visitors but as it turns out they were all such a huge help. I wish everyone could have stayed for longer! I enjoyed seeing everyone bond with Mikey and it made me sad to see everyone so sad to go! I was an emotional mess for a while. In fact I still am as I think back :(



Michael didn't want to see Geandma MiMi go!

Here is Joe cheering up Michael after everyone left... its pretty cute :)

That night Mom, Joe and I sat down for dinner. We put Michael in his bouncer and set him on the table. He was our centerpiece for dinner… a quite nice one I might add!


As we were finishing up I mentioned that Michael hadn’t pooped for a few days. I figured he was due here real soon. Not even 30 seconds later there comes a noise from deep in his diaper… I spoke to soon!


All our eyes widened and mom nicely mentions “I got the dishes!” We all laughed. Joe and I took Michael into his room to change him. Once Joe had his legs in the air he took his first wipe of his bum and… Michael starts to poop on the changer. All I could do was laugh while Joe was begging for help. Just before I step in to help… Michael starts to pee everywhere. Hysterical I know! I wish I could say it was over but Joe almost had him clean and he went for his last wipe of the crack and out comes some more poop… he was done after this! So I got some soapy water and Joe and I gave him a washcloth bath! He needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment