Friday, June 3, 2011

My Two Day Appt with the Birth Center

On Saturday April 30th Joe and I went to the Birth Center for my appointment. With it being a Saturday we had to call the midwife on call (Nancy) and schedule a time to come in. When I called her that morning she sounded exhausted. With good reason too! She mentioned that in the last 48 hours (she was on call) she delivered 6 babies. Wow I would be tired too! Needing a few hours of rest we scheduled our visit around 3 that afternoon.

I checked out healthy. I had lost about 15lbs since the birth so go me! Of course a lot of that was baby and placenta but I’ll take it! She gave me the number to the lactation consultant in Savannah and she made me call and set up an appointment before I left. I guess she knew me and knew I wouldn’t do it unless pressured haha! Before we walked out the door I said to Nancy “I’m sure you are anxious to get home to rest!”

Her response was “I wish… I just got another call and I have another woman coming in who is in labor!” Busy busy woman… but an even busier Birth Center which is great!

On our way home Michael was fussing. At one point he was screaming so we pulled off at the nearest gas station. Both Joe and I jumped out of the car and raced to see what was wrong (new parents… gotta love it!). We both determined that he needed a diaper change so we proceeded to use the trunk and viola… all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment