Monday, June 27, 2011

Memorial Day

Joe didn’t have to work on Memorial Day. Its always nice when he gets a day off… I feel like they are far and few between these days. We made breakfast with Mom and Dad. They wanted to get on the road early since it is a 5 hour drive. They got the car loaded and just before they were about to leave Dad got a call from Aunt Shyrle. She called to inform us that Grandma had just passed. We all knew it was coming but it sure doesn’t make it any easier.

With heavy hearts we gave each other hugs and Mom and Dad left for Raleigh. With a little baby needing love and affection my grief was short lived. It wasn’t soon after we found out that Grandma was no longer with us that Michael needed to be fed and cuddled. He does such a great job and keeping our minds off of everything. One would call it a blessing… I am holding off judgment because I have not truly cried and I know it’s only a matter of time until it hits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment