Thursday, June 30, 2011

Father’s Day and Joe’s Birthday

We sang and ate cake the night before Joe’s Birthday (June 18th). I got an ice cream cake from Brusters for Joe. It’s the only cake he likes so of course the best for my love! I wanted them to write “Happy Birthday Daddy” on the cake. Simple enough I thought. So simple that I didn’t even check the cake before I left. When I got home and looked at it I noticed they spelled Daddy wrong. Now I am sure you are wondering how… well it read “Happy Birthday Dadday” haha yup! South Carolina is the 2nd worst school system so it shouldn’t surprise me but still!




We sang and ate the cake anyway. Even with the extra ‘a’ it was still a tasty desert. I got Joe a Grill and Mikey got him Gas (for the grill – I figured he had plenty to share). Saturday night we grilled out some BBQ chicken. It was very tasty! I think Joe enjoys his grill, putting it together not so much but now that its together it is great!




For Father’s Day/Joe’s Birthday we went to a restaurant on Dataw Island called Sweetgrass once Joe got home from work. It was so good! We all had a hard time deciding what to order because it all looked so good. We got something different so we could taste each others if we wanted.

After lunch we took just a handful of photos on the docks. I enjoyed the area and I hope to be back for photos soon! Mom and Dad left straight from the restaurant and we went home. It was a nice relaxing day. I did have Joe put on his Superman shirt and I put Mikey in his for some photos (of course). The first thing Mikey does is throw up on Daddy… but we pushed through and kept the photos going!







No comments:

Post a Comment